This is a dish I often make in times when I know I’m too busy to prep myself a meal every day. It’s easy because I can eat it cold and just make a big batch and fill up a bowl whenever I feel like eating. I never get bored by it even if I eat it 3 to 4 days in a row. Yes people, that’s how much I love blackrice :O
When I do find the time to sit down for a proper meal I add some lemongrass beef kebab to it or when I don't feel like eating meat I just grill some Tempeh or Tofu to combine this dish with. All good!!
- 4 hands of black rice (check the instructions of the package how to steam your rice)
- 150 gram of feta (cut in little cubes)
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 little back of Rucola
- 1 avocado (cut in little cubes)
- half a red onion (sliced in thin slices)
- 2 hands of pomegranate
- zest of 1 whole lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 teaspoons of a good quality Olive oil
- 1 spoon of Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Corianderpowder
- 1 /2 teaspoon of Cuminpowder
- a little dash of Garlic powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Smoked (spicy) paprika powder
- some salt and pepper to taste
Steam the rice like the package says. When the rice is cooled you can mix it with the flavourful dressing.
Let the rice cool off a bit before adding the rest of all the ingredients.
Mix it all up and TADAAA... Enjoy this beautiful Black Rice salad!