Who doesn't know the classic Papaya Salad you can order in really just about every Thai restaurant?! But did you know that eating RAW Green Papaya is SUPER SUPER healthy for the body?! The taste and structure is so much different compared to the orange ripe papaya you normally eat as a fruit! As we al love taking care of our bodies start eating the green papaya more!
Health benefits from eating papaya!
● Improving digestive health
● Boosting the immune system
● Protecting against urinary track infections
● Improving milk flow in new mothers
● Healing problematic skin conditions & injuries
● Soothing inflammation
● Cleansing intestinal track
● Aiding in elimination of parasites & amoeba
● Fighting nausea & constipation
● Promoting cardiovascular health
● Regenerating muscle tissue
● Increasing elimination of toxins
● Increasing energy
● Fighting infections
● Accelerating the healing of burns, sores, & wounds
Ingredients for 2 fine bitches:
- 1 green papaya (normal size)
- 1 tofu
- fresh coconut meat (I scooped mine out of a baby coconut..the meat is super soft and delish!)
- a handful of beautiful tomatoes
- half of a purple onion
- some coriander
- 1 shot of fish sauce
- 1/2 shot of soy sauce
- 1 spoon of sesame oil
- 1 lime juice
- 1 red pepper chopped finely (get rid of the seeds)
Slice the tofu and grill them on both sides. Meanwhile use a spiral slicer to make those beautiful papaya 'noodles' in just seconds of time...although there are many seeds in the papaya you'll loose them when you toss the papaya noodles over with your hands! Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the dressing. Now add the coconut flesh and grilled tofu to it and you are DONE!
ps. sprinkle some black sesame seeds over the dish so it will get the 'restaurant' look lol
I am Eva Lia and I am the founder of The Cookteaser - a food blog and whole food catering/event business based in Amsterdam.
FOLLOW ME ON
If you have any requests for me to use a certain product or dish you want me to give The Cookteaser Make-over, please contact me and I'll try to make it happen!
I love to work with new ingredients and I see it as a great challenge to make it a delish dish!
My Food Diary