Fresh Fig fruit is low in calories. 100 g fresh fruits provide only 74 calories. However, they contain health benefiting soluble dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and pigment anti-oxidants that contribute immensely towards optimum health and wellness.
Dried figs are an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants. In fact, dried fruits are higher concentrated sources of energy, minerals and vitamins. 100 g dried figs provide 249 calories.
1. They say that eating figs regularly can help reduce the risk of prostate, breast and colon cancer.
2. The soluble fiber found in figs called Pectin helps in reducing blood cholesterol.
3. The content of Potassium, Omega 3 and Omega 6 on fig fruit helps to maintain blood pressure and coronary heart attacks.
4. Figs leaves have healing properties. Decoction of fig leaves can help patients with diabetes reduces the amount of insulin intake.
5. Consume figs can reduce fatigue, improve brain memory and prevent anaemia.
6. Because laxative effect, consume the fruit is very helpful for treating chronic constipation.
7. Daily consumption of figs is an effective drug for the treatment of haemorrhoids cure.
8. When applied to the skin, baked figs can cure inflammations like abscesses and ulcers.
9. Due to its high water content, mashed figs acts as an excellent skin cleanser and helps in preventing and curing acne.
10. Figs are rich in calcium and calcium is an excellent alternative for the therapeutic treatment of people who are allergic to dairy products.
11. Fig fruit is rich in dietary fiber, which makes them very effective for weight loss program (Obesity).
12. Content of Calcium and Potassium in figs prevent bone thinning (osteoporosis), and helps to increase bone density.
13. Content of Tryptophan in figs, induces good sleep and helps get rid of sleep disorders such as insomnia.