What a sexy looking veggie is the Red Paprika don't you think?! So beautiful in colour and tasty at the same time..like me! kidding (lol). I love to eat them raw mixed in a salad, juiced, blended for soup or even as a nice flavourful pasta sauce if you're ever tired of making the usual tomato sauce the peppers will give your pasta a whole new dimension, besides.. paprika is high in vitamin C, like nine times more than tomatoes! Here are some great things you should know about these little fellas! scroll down for more..
1. Paprika helps with regulating blood pressure.
2. Good source of vitamin C, which helps with preventing scurvy, colds and absorbs iron.
3. Paprika contains antibacterial protein and helps control the growth of some bacteria’s such as Salmonella that can be transferred during ingestion.
4. Paprika has antioxidants that help the immune system to be strong.
5. It also an energizer, stimulant, and paprikas are used to treat depression, tiredness and lethargy.
6. Paprika is also good for the heart because of the capsaicin used to reduce substance P a transmitter responsible for swelling.
7. Paprika is also good for the cardiovascular system and helps with blood circulation by preventing or controlling cholesterol.
8. Paprika helps to lower the risk of cancer because of the capsaicin it contains.
9. Paprika increases the production of saliva and stomach acids to aid digestion.
Make sure you eat a fresh paprika, otherwise all of the above will be useless. I will soon make something delish from these peppers. So stay tuned you sexy mother f#cker ;)
I am Eva Lia and I am the founder of The Cookteaser - a food blog and whole food catering/event business based in Amsterdam.
FOLLOW ME ON
If you have any requests for me to use a certain product or dish you want me to give The Cookteaser Make-over, please contact me and I'll try to make it happen!
I love to work with new ingredients and I see it as a great challenge to make it a delish dish!
My Food Diary