Scroll down for my recipe.
- 2 beautiful pieces of Cod
- 5 big hands of wild spinach (it will shrink..so don’t be scared it’s to much)
- 2 spoons of soy sauce (use kikoman. Or an glutenfree soysauce like I did)
- A shot of chinese rice wine (you can buy this in really any asian supermarket)
- Some (himalayan) salt & pepper
- 1 spoon of coconut oil
Season both sides of the cod with some salt & pepper (use less salt then you normally would as you’re gonna use soysauce too). Get a pan and turn on the heat (maximum fire) add the coconut oil. Wait till the pan is really really hot and make sure you also feel super super hot ;) haha, you now can add the pieces of cod, after 2 minutes lower the heat to medium/low, wait for 3 minutes and carefully flip the cod on the other side. Again put the heat on maximum for 2 minutes and then lower your heat again for 3 minutes.
Now the Cod is almost done move the cod to the side of your pan and put the heat on maximum again. Now add in all the spinach together with the soy sauce and rice wine. Toss the spinach around so the flavours are mixed well. Wait for 1 minute so you’re sure that all the alcohol of the ricewine is evaporated.
Make up the plate like I did with the spinach first. if you like sprinkle some garlic flavoured sesame seeds on top for that extra flair ;)