I love drinking tea, I drink it throughout the day..starting in the early mornings till late before bedtime! But because my body can't handle caffeine that well I try to drink tea without caffeine in the evenings. Really..you'll be quite surprised how many herbal teas contain caffeine, so take a closer look at the package ;) My favourites are chamomile and verveine tea the most! I think verveine tea looks also stunning in a glass don't you think!? Just beautiful dried leaves with hot water.. LOVE IT! Other then the great looks & taste this tea has there are more reasons to drink this little herbal water..scroll down..
10 Reasons you should drink more verveine tea:
- It can promote the health of the liver by protecting this vital organ from toxins.
- This herbal tea can also help to improve digestion. It can ensure the better absorption of nutrients from foods as well.
- It can be used for getting relief from cold, fever and respiratory ailments.
- This herbal tea is considered as a tonic for the nervous system, as it can strengthen and relax the nervous system. - - This herbal tea can have mild antidepressant effect and can help to relieve stress, anxiety, depression and nervous tension.
-Those suffering from migraine and headaches can also get considerable relief by drinking tea prepared from this herb.
- It is excellent for cleansing the urinary tract, which in turn can promote the health of the urinary system. It can also help to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- This herbal tea can relax the nervous system and promote good sleep. So, those having difficulty in sleeping or insomnia can benefit from this tea.
- This tea is believed to help in increasing milk production after childbirth. However, breastfeeding women are usually advised to avoid this herb and its preparations.
- Apart from these, its tea can be helpful in relieving premenstrual syndrome, the pain of arthritis, digestive ailments and wounds and sores.
I am Eva Lia and I am the founder of The Cookteaser - a food blog and whole food catering/event business based in Amsterdam.
FOLLOW ME ON
If you have any requests for me to use a certain product or dish you want me to give The Cookteaser Make-over, please contact me and I'll try to make it happen!
I love to work with new ingredients and I see it as a great challenge to make it a delish dish!
My Food Diary