Anywayyss..Many times when I'm uninspired (yes yes.. I'm human..that sh#t happens from time to time) I most of the time end up making this raw-vegan version of this colorful dish. Curious how to make this? Scroll down..
- Brown rice (white rice is more traditional)
- a handful of red cabbage
- half an avocado
- half a red bell pepper
- Pickled rettich
- grilled tofu (I had some leftover tofu in the fridge so I last minute decided to add it
- a chunk of a zucchini (grated medium fine)
FYI I just see what I have left from veggies and I just slice it all up for my Bibimbap so everytime I make this it turns out differently.. So knock yourself out.. cause that SAUCE.. will make anything tasty.. >> scroll down
- 1 spoon of Korean red pepper paste (you can't replace this with anything else, so step out of your comfort zone and walk into an Asian supermarket and ask for this product)
- a big spoon of sesame oil
- half a garlic glove cut in super fine pieces
- a teaspoon of Mirrin, sweet Japanese rice wine (agave syrup or honey is more common to use but I'm just stubborn so Mirrin it is lol)
- add some black sesame seeds (this is not necessary)
Now mix all of this together and TADAA.. the magic sauce is finished.
It's really super simple, cut all the veggies finely and when the rice is done cooking place the rice in the middle of your bowl, add all the veggies on the side of your bowl and be generous with putting the sauce on top of the rice. Bake your egg soft and place it on top of it all.. This all is looking super fine, but the way you should eat your bibimbap is mix all the ingredients with the sauce in your bowl and eat it like that.. It looks like a total MESS.. but believe me.. it's all good.. no STRESS.