Cauliflower is a such a versatile veggie! I mean.. they're delish eating them raw, great to make soup with, making a glutenfree pizza crost out of it and now THIS.. Making your own veggie 'Rice', well I call it rice.. cause I mean..look at it... it totally looks like it right?!...Or am I just to Asian that I want to see it as a rice... :| oh well whatever, F#ck it..How you look at it doesn't really matter cause it's all about having a sensational flavour explosion in your mouth ;)!
As it is important to eat a fatty fish at least once a week I came up with this recipe to go with a nice piece of smoked salmon.
Just by scraping the cauliflower in it's raw form.. you're literally almost there...You'll be amazed how much 'rice' you get from a small piece of cauliflower!
Ingredients for 4 sexy bitches:
- 2/3 cauliflower (grated)
- 1 zucchini (chopped in small chunks, I ate them raw.. but of course you can lightly bake them too before adding them)
- 4 tomatoes (cut in pieces)
- a handful pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 spoon of horseradish paste (or you can grate is fresh..but I like to make things easier for myself..)
- 3 spoons of light quark or yoghurt (if you're dealing with a dairy intolerance you can use Mayonnaise instead)
- a small hand of Mint leaves
- a bunch of Dill
- depending on how much you make
- 1 package of organic smoked salmon (use for each person 1 slice of smoked salmon to go on the plates. Chop the rest of the salmon in fine bits)
- season with some pepper to taste
- Start by crating the cauliflower and set it a side in a nice big bowl.
- get a small bowl and mix the finely chopped salmon together with the dill, mint, quark, lemon and horseradish and mix this all well.
- Add the mixture together with the grated cauliflower and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Season it with some pepper (I don't think it needs extra salt because of the smoked salmon is salty enough already)
- TADAAA ..you're done..!!! If you're not into salmon or fish, just leave it out and add some more grilled pieces of zucchini! MMmmmm...
Hope you'll enjoy this dish as much as my friends and I did!
I am Eva Lia and I am the founder of The Cookteaser - a food blog and whole food catering/event business based in Amsterdam.
FOLLOW ME ON
If you have any requests for me to use a certain product or dish you want me to give The Cookteaser Make-over, please contact me and I'll try to make it happen!
I love to work with new ingredients and I see it as a great challenge to make it a delish dish!
My Food Diary