As it is important to eat a fatty fish at least once a week I came up with this recipe to go with a nice piece of smoked salmon.
- 2/3 cauliflower (grated)
- 1 zucchini (chopped in small chunks, I ate them raw.. but of course you can lightly bake them too before adding them)
- 4 tomatoes (cut in pieces)
- a handful pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 spoon of horseradish paste (or you can grate is fresh..but I like to make things easier for myself..)
- 3 spoons of light quark or yoghurt (if you're dealing with a dairy intolerance you can use Mayonnaise instead)
- a small hand of Mint leaves
- a bunch of Dill
- depending on how much you make
- 1 package of organic smoked salmon (use for each person 1 slice of smoked salmon to go on the plates. Chop the rest of the salmon in fine bits)
- season with some pepper to taste
- Start by crating the cauliflower and set it a side in a nice big bowl.
- get a small bowl and mix the finely chopped salmon together with the dill, mint, quark, lemon and horseradish and mix this all well.
- Add the mixture together with the grated cauliflower and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Season it with some pepper (I don't think it needs extra salt because of the smoked salmon is salty enough already)
- TADAAA ..you're done..!!! If you're not into salmon or fish, just leave it out and add some more grilled pieces of zucchini! MMmmmm...
Hope you'll enjoy this dish as much as my friends and I did!