I find this recipe great on days when you don't feel like putting a lot of effort in cooking but still you want to serve something nice and unique to yourself and your lovedone(s).
- 9 Roma tomatoes (you can use any tomatoes but for soups I prefer Roma Tomatoes)
- 1 Small Garlic glove
- 1 Small white onion
- A little chunk of organic Feta cheese
- 1 spoon of Ghee (Rice oil will also do)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Organic Spicy Smoked Paprika Powder ( I bought mine in Mallorca)
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Sweet Paprika Powder
- Some fresh Thyme
- Half a Spanish Red Pepper (if you like it spicy like me you can use the whole pepper)
- Some Himalayan Salt to taste
Cut the tomatoes into medium size chunks. Cut the Onion into chunks too. Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the tomatoes together with the onion, red pepper and garlic. Let it simmer on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Now sprinkle some salt and both the paprika powders. Let it simmer for 1 more minute.
Put everything in the blender and add 50 ml of water. Mix it all up until the consistency has turned into a thick full soup!
Throw the soup back into your pan and let it simmer for 10 more minutes on low heat.
Add some more salt to taste but make sure you don't over do it as the feta cheese will add a lot of saltiness too.
Before serving just crumble a little piece of feta using your fingers. Add some fresh thyme at last and there you have it (I find thyme to have a very strong taste so please don't get to excited using it). This is a tomato soup, not a thyme soup :P