This particular rice has such an amazing flavour and the sticky texture is just perfect to wrap them up in a taco! My friends and I absolutely LOVED this Asian taco dish so of course I have to share this new recipe with you guys! It is a bit time consuming as you have to soak the rice at least 5 hours before steaming it but trust me, it's really worth it as you can eat the rice even cold! Therefore I decided to make a whole batch so I can enjoy this rice the rest of the week too. I will post the other recipes with this stunning looking black rice soon!
What are you waiting for?! Scroll down to check how you can make this yourself!!
- mini Taco sheets (grill them in a pan on both sides)
- raw yellow bell pepper in slices
- shortly grilled mini asparagus
- Steamed black rice (2 cups)
- Some fresh cilantro (Dutch transl. koriander)
- Roasted cashew nuts
Seasoning of the Black Rice
- 3 spoons Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of Chili powder (you can leave this out if you're not into spicy food)
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Kurkuma powder
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 spoons of soysauce
- 1 can of Coconut cream (the cream is heavier and thicker from substance then coconut milk)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Some fresh Cilantro
- 1 finely chopped garlic glove
- 1 spoon of grated fresh ginger
- a pinch of salt
When you've soaked the black rice over night (or at least 5 hours) get rid of the excess water and start steaming the rice as the package says.
Meanwhile grill your asparagus and chop the yellow bell pepper. When the rice is done get a non sticky frying pan and melt the coconutoil on low heat, add the finely chopped red onion and stir it until their glazy, now add the rest of all the seasoning, and keep on stirring on low heat for 2 more minutes or so, turn of the heat and add in the soy sauce. Now mix the spice 'paste' with the blackrice together with the roasted cashew nuts and cilantro. This is already SO GOOD!!
For the topping just mix all the ingredients well together and top the taco's of with some of this goodness!
Hope you liked my Asian infused Taco's!