This recipe is super easy (if you managed to get all the ingredients lol) Just Scroll down honey!
(The Curry Paste)
- 3 garlic gloves
- 2 lemongrass stems
- a whole bunch of Koriander (I used the whole bunch the amount you get when at the market)
- a chunk of ginger the size of your thumb
- a chunk of galanga the size of your thumb
- 3 lime leaves
- 1 red onion
- 3 green peppers ( I later actually added 3 more chopped green peppers..cause I like it flaming hot)
- 5 spoons melted coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients using a solid kitchen machine until you get a thick smooth paste like the picture below
- 2 eggplants
- 1 big tofu
- 1 regualar sized Good quality Coconut Oil
- 3 spoons of coconut oil
- 3 spoons Soy sauce (just taste and check the flavors, don't get caught up by my measurements, cook to your taste)
- some himalayan salt to taste
* If you want it the traditional way, use Fishsauce instead of the soy and salt. But this way your Curry stays totally Vegan.
Start by grilling the eggplant and tofu. No need to use any seasoning here. Meanwhile you can start make your Curry paste.
Use a big round pan and add in the coconut oil, when it's hot add the curry paste, keep on stirring using a wooden spoon so it won't get burned.
Keep on stirring for something about 3 - 4 minutes. When you can smell all the herbs and spices spreading into your lovely kitchen it's time for you to add the coconutmilk. Keep on stirring while adding the coocnut milk bit by bit.
Season it to taste with soy sauce and some salt (the reason I used salt is because I didn't want my beautiful green curry to lose its color by using to much soy sauce)
* Squeeze out some fresh lime juice before serving on top. I even added some extra finely chopped green peppers cause you just never know how HOT your peppers will be, so my recipe for making the paste starting with 3 peppers is safe. You can always add more to it later to taste!
Hope you liked my recipe!
Hope you liked it cause I sure did!