Oke.. a bit obvious that first thing I’m blogging about after my ADE weekend (for those who don’t know what Amsterdam Dance Event is all about… you’ve been missing out y’all)!! But yeah.. the ones who follow me on Instagram might have seen some crazy shots passing by..thank god for the delete button K
But don’t blame me for the fact that I sometimes just wanna go C to the RAZY and Dance the night away with my friends drinking lots and lots of Alcohol, I never said I’m a saint ;)
We all know that drinking a lot of water is good for our health and to maintain our sexy looks. But how come there are still so many people who are having a hard time drinking it?! I drink around 2 litres of pure clean (boiled) warm water per day. I prefer not to drink out of plastic bottles, I always find the taste a bit funny. But I just love the neutral taste of water. Also, since I stopped drinking a lot of tea I noticed my skin cleared up and no more dry spots on my cheeks.
Another thing I use water for is as a natural painkiller which works great against headaches. Luckily I don’t have headaches a lot but whenever I do I drink a big glass of water, wait for 10-15 minutes and 9 out of 10 times the headaches just disappears.
The biggest miss conception out there is that people think that all the drinks they drink during the day count as hydrating yourself. Which is so FALSE! A lot of the drinks like coffee and non-herbal teas are actually de-hydrating the body, not to mention all the damage all chemical soda’s bring to your body.
So whenever I’m out and about I always order a glass of tap-water on the side.
Another fact, don’t just sip on your water, best thing to get the water cleaning and detoxifying your body is to drink 0,5 liters all at once. This way your body gets the right signal it may use the water to clean the inside of the body.
Well to convince you guys to drink more plain water I summed up a list for you guys with great facts about water!
Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don't Medicate, Hydrate!
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains - Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
9. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
I am Eva Lia and I am the founder of The Cookteaser - a food blog and whole food catering/event business based in Amsterdam.
FOLLOW ME ON
If you have any requests for me to use a certain product or dish you want me to give The Cookteaser Make-over, please contact me and I'll try to make it happen!
I love to work with new ingredients and I see it as a great challenge to make it a delish dish!
My Food Diary