Ingredients you need to make Bobotie for 4 persons:
- 350 ml Milk
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- lime juice
- 3 spoons of mango chutney
- 1 apple (grated)
- half a spoon of corianderseeds, curry powder and gingerpowder.
- some salt
- 400-500 grams of minced beef (you can use any meat .. even mashed tofu for the vegans out there!)
- a handful of cranberries, normally they use raisins for this dish, but I don't like raisins, so that's why the cranberries.
- 4 bay leaves
What the F%ck do I do?!
Preheat your oven on 180 Celcius.
- Shred the bread in small pieces and soak them in milk.
- Meanwhile fry the minced beef, chopped onions and all the spices together.
- After 5 minutes squeeze out the milk from the bread, and add the bread in the pan with the mango chutney, limejuice, cranberries and grated apple. (check if it's seasoned enough.. if not add some more salt or whatever spice you think it needs, be confident..with this dish really nothing can go wrong)
- Pour everything in an oven tray and press it all down and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Add 2 eggs with the milk leftover from the bread and a pinch of salt in it. Whisk this all and pour it over the rest and finally add the bayleaves on top.
- Let it have her beautysleep in the oven for an hour on 180 celcius, or until goldenbrown.