My friend S. came over last week (to eat haha).. and I just couldn't decide what to make us for dinner. We were both not feeling super hungry but we did feel like eating something delish (duh)...So for a change I asked her to grab some totally different ingredients of which she thought it would be nice to eat.. As you can see on the pictures the main ingredient was: a can of CHICKPEAS!! I never ever made something different then hummus with chickpeas so this was quit the challenge! As S. was doing some work behind her laptop I started to be creative in the kitchen.. like what the F#ck can I make with chickpeas? Well honey.. it all turned great..that's for sure. Scroll down for my new recipe.
- half a cucumber
- 2 can of chickpeas
- butterlettuce (but you can use any lettuce, even raw wild spinach, as long as the leaves are big enough so you can wrap it)
- a handful of coriander
- 6 sundried tomatoes (use the ones in oil)
- 1 spoon of paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- a small shot of soya sauce (you can use regular salt too)
- half a pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 spoon of vegetable oil
Dressing on top: (just mix these 2 ingredients below and that's it!)
- some cottage cheese
- 1 spoon of chilli chow oil (only available in Asian Supermarkets, this is my favourite chilli sauce)
Oke it might looks complicated but you can make this dish in just 15 to 20 minutes! Mix the tomatoes in your kitchenmachine until smooth.
I used my wok and started to bake the, onion, limeleaves and peppers first with the oil, after 1 minute you add the chickpeas (don't forget to loose all the access water first), after 2 minutes add the sundried tomato paste. Stir it all well and then at last add the limejuice and the soyasauce.
Leave this 4 more minutes on maximum heat and keep stirring it all well. So it won't burn.
Meanwhile mix the cottage cheese with the chill chow oil and this will be your dressing.
Scroll down to see how we turned this into a veggie wrap!