This ain't pasta bitches! NO these are raw zucchini strings I made using my..surprise surprise.. 'Spirooli' !! (call me a Spirooli addict)! I made this beautiful 'pasta' in just 20 minutes of time! I was meeting my friends K., R. and J. and I was the one who would bring dinner (not a big surprise eh..?!). Me and my friends do meet a lot for dinner, so sometimes we eat at my place but it happens a lot that we meet at my friends place, but guess who's the one always standing behind the stove..uhuh.. ME! :D haha but I f#cking LOVE IT !! And they LOVE to eat my food (who doesn't) OHH what a wonderful world I live in! ;)
Ingredients for 4 hot looking girls!
- 1,5 zucchini's (transl. courgette), raw (use a spirooli or a julien slicer to get them into spaghetti strings)
- 1 piece of goatcheese (something like 150 grams or so..)
- 150/200 grams of quinoa (boil the quinoa in mushroom stock, I use an organic mushroom stock cube)
- 3 hands of spinach, raw
- a mixture of mushrooms (you can use only brown mushrooms as well) 1 box will do.
- 3 spoons of black truffle paste
- 1 spoon of truffle oil
- 7 walnuts (crush them using your hands)
- 3 tomatoes (slice them in small pieces)
- some fresh Thyme
- some pepper
- and most important a lot of LOVE
Instead of cooking your quinoa in just pure water I add the cube of mushroom stock to it so the quinoa will be so much more flavourful! MMMmm..
Meanwhile bake the mushrooms in some truffle-oil and add some fresh thyme to it, season it with some salt and pepper.
Mix the zucchini 'pasta' (Dutch transl. courgette) with the rest of all the ingredients. When the mushrooms are ready add this to the dish. Mix this all well.
When the quinoa is ready drain the water and add the quinoa also to the 'pasta'. Mix everything well (p.s. I used my leftover quinoa from the day before, so it was cold, but you can add the quinoa straight in the 'pasta', it will cool off soon.
At last add the goatcheese, use you hands to spread the bits over the dish and the crushed walnuts.
There's really no need for salt in this dish. I let the ingredients speak for themselves.
My friends and I went crazy about this dish. I hope you'll love it too! Feel free to leave me a comment.
Click HERE if you want to have the f#cking spirooli too! and NO I'm not being paid to talk about the spirooli..I just love this little machine!